Home Forums HEUER stopwatch information requests my stopwatch is slightly different to ALL the ones in the catalogue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

my stopwatch is slightly different to ALL the ones in the catalogue

• Author
    matt
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I recently acquired a Heuer yachting countdown stopwatch, it’s definitely a 912. However, all the 912’s in all the catalogues have the red number at the top a 60, but mine is a Zero (0) can anyone help me to identify what year it is or any other info?

The balance wheel and rear cover are missing. If anyone can guide me on where to get the right one to re-build it please help 🙂

Thanks a lot

Matt

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your message. Your HEUER stopwatch looks to be a ref. 912w. It happens there are some small variations from catalog illustrations and the time-device you have. Looking at the HEUER logo on the dial and the “Ed. Heuer” signature on the movement, probably, a 50’s, early 60’s stopwatch.

To repair your stopwatch.
    – The best thing is to bring it to your local trusted watchmaker. He can dismount it, clean it, remove the rust and do something for the missing pieces. For that he can identify the caliber and its version (at this timer lot of HEUER stopwatch feature a 736 caliber). Missing parts can be found on Internet by buying (on ebay by example) “for spare or repair” model with a similar caliber. Some watchmakers are able to build the missing components.
    – You can also ask/write to Tag HEUER. Know they have a department to restore vintage time devices.
    My repairs | TAG Heuer

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.