Home Forums HEUER stopwatch information requests Heuer stopwatch manufacturing date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Heuer stopwatch manufacturing date

• Author
    bryan
    Participant

I’d like to know when this Heuer stopwatch was made. I’m thinking maybe 1968. Unfortunately the link to the 1968 Heuer catalog on this website doesn’t work. 

Dear Bryan,

Thanks for your message.
    Your HEUER stopwatch is a ref.  413.202, probably manufactured in the late 60’s or the 70’s. Find in attachment a screenshot from a 1969 german catalog (link to reach the catalog scan : here).

Best regards

bryan
    Participant

While I am certainly no expert, the two screws in the face of my stopwatch (at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock) suggest that it was not manufactured after 1968. I have examined most of the images of stopwatches in catalogs after 1968, and I could find none that had screws in the face of the stopwatch. If the link to the 1968 catalog worked I might be able to confirm this.

Dear Bryan,

You are right, there is no screw on the catalog illustrations. But it seems that’s was a choice not to represent dial screws on the catalog pictures while they are present on the stopwatches. That’s it the for all model. By example, if you look at the picture of the 1981 catalog cover (see in attachment), you can notice screws on the clubmaster stopwatch (a model manufactured  late 70 ‘s/80’s) but screw are not drawn on the inside page illustration.

Best regards

bryan
    Participant

Yes, I see. I thought that the presence or absence of screw heads on the stopwatch face was a diagnostic feature of a specific manufacturing year, but clearly it is not. It’s interesting that the catalog images don’t reflect the actual stopwatch details, such as screw heads in the face. Thanks for this information.

You’re welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.