Home Forums HEUER stopwatch information requests HEUER Manual Stopwatch ID

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

HEUER Manual Stopwatch ID

• Author
    patricia
    Participant

Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about this particular model?  Year? Any specifics?

At first, I couldn’t figure out what it said on the back, now I think it was someone’s name probably from an embossing tool and stuck on.

I am a total novice.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158371410@N07/52904817272/in/dateposted-public/

Thank you.

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your message. It looks to be a ref. 512.402 featuring a split function. It was probably manufactured from the very late 60’s or 70’s.
    You can find it here on a 1969 german catalog (bottom right) :

Best regards

patricia
    Participant

Thanks for your response.  The photos above are close, but not the same.  And, I just realized that I am missing the ring at the top.  Notice how well I don’t know the technical terms lol

Thanks again.

patricia
    Participant

This certainly has been interesting reading and a good education in terminology.

Should the back of my stopwatch open up?  It looks like it should unscrew, but I can’t seem to get it open.

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your message. The ref. 512.402 (yours) is the model at the right bottom of the catalog page. It sometimes happens the ring hanging on the crown is missing.

Here is a short tutorial to open your HEUER stopwatch  case back: https://ikonicstopwatch.com/how-to-open-a-vintage-heuer-stopwatch/.

Best regards

patricia
    Participant

I can’t thank you all enough for the time you’ve given me to understand anything about this stopwatch.

Thanks for the catalog page (all I have to do now is translate the German lol

And, thanks for that interesting, and scary, video about opening the back of the case.  I’m pretty sure that I’m not going to give that a try… long nails and fear I would mess something up.

Again, my sincere thanks.

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Here is a link to a scan of an english catalog from the website onthedash.com : onthedash – english catalog. 

I understand it could be scary to open the case back of your HEUER stopwatch. If you don’t feel right with it don’t do it. You can ask to a watchmaker or a watch enthusiat you know.

Best regards

patricia
    Participant

Thanks, again.  I have learned so much and it is really a lot to absorb.  I am definitely not going to attempt the back on my own.  I am now deciding whether or not to keep it.  However, it has been a true learning curve for me.

All best to you.

Dear Patricia,

Glad to have helped you.

Don’t hesitate to send a message or visit the website if you need more information.

Best regards

patricia
    Participant

Good morning,

I finally had the back opened on my stopwatch and here is the information:

Inside the case back (tiny) 3645

inside on the mechanism is the number 7711

I am looking (again) for the year and English description.

Thank you so much.

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your message.

* 3649 : Can’t say anything about this number.

* 7711 : The movement reference (a movement designed for split function timers).

* Exact year : Pretty difficult to say. Can just say, this model was mainly produced from the late 60’s and the 70’s.

* English description : You can find one on onthedash.com by clicking here

Best regards,

patricia
    Participant

Thanks for that information.  I found one close to mine.  I hope I can add the link for reference.  It is 60s/70s Heuer split-second timer

1970 Heuer split-second timer

What do you think?

Again, many thanks.

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your message. The link is perfectly working and the webiste is really great.

The timer on the “timeline watch” website looks to be a variation of yours (you can see it on this scan from onthedash webiste)

Glad to have helped you

patricia
    Participant

Thank you for your knowledge and help.  It is much appreciated.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.