The HEUER ref. 230 and the Olympic games
In 1980, HEUER is the official time keeper of the winter Lake Placid and summer Moscow olympic games. For this occasion, olympic games version of some manufacturers timers are marketed. Logo of the event are added on the case and the packaging box, like on these Microsplit 230.
It’s not the first time HEUER is timing partner of this wold known sport event. In the 20’s HEUER was chosen three times to be the official olympic games timekeeper (Antwerp in 1920, Paris in 1924 and Amsterdam in 1928). At the time, the 1/100th second mecanical Mikrograph is ,by far, the most accurate timing device.
HEUER-LEONIDAS ref. 230 – microsplit (Lake Placid Olympic games version)
- start stop by top left red pusher
- split by top right red pusher
- reset by simultaneous depression of the white right bottom and top red left button
Recorder and register
two lines liquid crystal display :
- top line : minute and second
- second line : 1/100th second
- 1/100 second precision
60 mm without pusher by 56 mm