Leonidas 8041, the first trackmaster ?
The 8041 is probably the first trackmaster marketed by HEUER-LEONIDAS and maybe one of the first economical plastic case stopwatch designed by the swiss manufacturer. This reference is found in a 1968 catalog, while the 8042 and 8047 look to be present from 1969. The 8041 is also a little bit rarer to find.
It seems the 8041 was only sold under Leonidas brand and stopped to be marketed from the early 70s.
For more informations on the trackmaster familly, have a look here.
HEUER-LEONIDAS ref. 8041
- start and go on by top green crown
- stop by left red side push pin
- reset to 0 by right black side push pin
Recorder and register
- 1/5em second recorder (long hand makes one revolution in 60 seconds)
- small 0-30 minute register (small hand makes one revolution in 30 minutes)
late 60’s / early 70’s
- probably 8045
- pinlever escapement
- 1 jewels
65 mm without crown